Wednesday, September 26, 2012

cut it out...

my teacher mrs susan has requested that i work on using scissors at home. usually when mommy tries to work on cutting with me, i get tired & we only cut about 2 lines. tonight i asked mommy if we could cut out sea creatures on the cricut machine. so we used this as an opportunity for scissors practice. most of mommy's papers are the 12x12 size & that is too big to fit in the cricut machine. so i had a lot of cutting to do to make those papers fit! in this first picture, you can see me flipping through the book of cricut choices.
i even have special scissors that pop back open after each cut. this makes it a little bit easier for me to learn. i'd cut papers, then i'd cut some shapes on the cricut, then i'd play a little... i did all of this for an hour before dinner & an hour after dinner too! and i didn't complain about the scissors even once!
sometimes i would sit in mommy's lap so she could help me cut. she drew lines on the papers for me to cut along.
i also enjoyed pressing all the buttons on the cricut and i liked to watch it make the cuts. it was so exciting to watch my sea creatures come to life!
these are the sea creatures that we made. i decided not to glue them on a picture because i like to move them around & let them "play" together.