Thursday, March 31, 2016

Happy Spring Break!!!

So I ended up with an unexpected vacation day
(I had requested the day off, but didn't really think
there would be anyone available to work it.) 
So MK & I just played and played ALL day LONG. 
 We started with breakfast & Lego building. 
 Then MK had her Jump Rope For Heart pups & ducks put on a magic show.
We caught a midday break in the rain & enjoyed
all these "wet petals" from our cherry tree.
MK loves picking up the wet cherry blossoms & throwing
them around like confetti.  There are so many blossoms,
it looks like snow! 
(Please pardon the wheel barrow & torn up wall ...
we are having some repair work done.)
And yes, we stayed in PJs all day!!  :o)
MK did a great job of practicing her piano songs & eating dinner.
So I promised we'd make cookies after her bath.
 I've made this same cookie recipe hundreds of times!
But I definitely did something wrong tonight!
They were too runny & dough was all over the oven!
 MK was disappointed to not get a sugar cookie snack,
so she got to lick the spatula & spoon. 
AND eat a yellow PeeP chick.
It's Spring Break, so why not?
:op