Sunday, October 9, 2011

another fiddlers' convention...

WOW!! we had a wonderful time at the tennessee valley old time fiddlers' convention on saturday. it is in athens, alabama every year & this was my second time to go. last year, the music did not really hold my attention. but i have been working on recognizing the different sounds of different instruments & i talk about instruments a lot to my family. so i was very excited to see a real banjo, bass & "bandolin" (i mean that's a mandolin!!) my pappy never meets a stranger, so he asked his group of new jamming friends if they'd play a song just for me! they played "you are my sunshine" and even asked mommy & me to stand in the middle of the jamming circle! we had the BeST view of all the instruments (there was also a fiddler, 2 guitar players, 2 harmonicas & a doboro!!) so we sang *LouDLY* and turned around the circle looking at the different players & their instruments. i really enjoyed watching the bass player & counting along 1,2,3,4 with him. what an experience!! i had the best seat in the 'house.' i can't wait to do it again!!