Wednesday, October 12, 2011

stringing beads & calming down...

today one of my teachers worked with me on taking turns & completing a task that i was not interested in. this sounds pretty harsh, but i know it is good for me because life is not all about just what i want to do.


to practice sharing, we threw a beach ball back & forth. i LOVE to throw & catch the ball all by myself, but i learned to enjoy it with my teacher too. then we worked on stringing beads, which has been a difficult task for me in the past. she'd ask me to string a bead, then we would play with the ball as a reward. i had a minor meltdown because i did not like the beads, but my teacher really encouraged & pushed me. we were able to put 3 beads on the string. so when mommy & i got home this evening, she decided we'd practice the beads again. i got frustrated at first, so mommy went to get my body-brush *this calms me down* and when she returned to my room, i had strung a bead ALL by MYSELF!! we were SO excited! so i finished stringing the other half of the beads & we made this necklace. then we played victory music on my xylophone. i was SO proud of myself!! sorry these pics are not the best quality, but you can get the idea...