Saturday, August 10, 2013

happy birthday to me!!!

my 5th birthday celebration was last sunday! many of my family & friends came to share in my exciting & special day. the party was dolphin-themed. but it was a challenge to find enough things to decorate entirely with dolphins. mommy made some flags & a table covering from some dolphin fabric. we also used various sea creatures in the decorations. at first, i just requested a dolphin cake. then i wanted a dolphin-riding-a-train cake. then i changed my mind & asked for a dolphin-going-grocery-shopping cake. my daddy made this grocery buggy from cardstock & we used one of my toy dolphins to go grocery shopping. mommy asked me, "what do dolphins shop for? fish in the ocean?" i responded (very matter-of factly): "no, they shop for GRoCerieS in wal-mart!" so that is what this dolphin is doing... my big gift from mommy & daddy was this hello-kitty bike! i am interested in the bike, but not exactly EXCITED to ride it. however, i DO enjoy my fishy helmet. this is the same helmet i wore when we went skiing. that afternoon, several of us rode/walked to the lake to feed fish. i rode the bike by MySeLF for about 30 seconds -- pushing the pedals & and steering all on my own. i grew tired, but for a first time, i think i did pretty well. what a GReaT day!!!