Tuesday, April 10, 2012

celebrate Easter every day!

i went to church with daddy & mommy on Easter sunday morning. i really enjoy my sunday school class. but we knew there would be a big crowd & i didn't want to get upset like i had at the egg hunt. so we only stayed for about an hour (while mommy & daddy were in the church service.) then we came home & looked through my Easter basket. i received several new books & some candy! i also received some little stamps that have quickly become favorites. i put them in my purse & call them "my special things." one of them is the same shape as my blue hamster wheel. i LoVE it!
you may also notice that i am wearing sandals in these dressy pictures. last summer i was afraid of sandals, but mommy has been talking to me about these shoes for a couple of weeks now in preparation to wear them. now i like the sandals because the flowers on them have little "reflections." they are actually just little metal brads as the center of the flowers, but i can see my reflection in them! mommy is so proud of me for discovering that these shoes really not scary.
sometimes i am afraid to go outside -- i am scared of barking dogs & buzzing bees. but i did really well on Easter morning. we "borrowed" the backdrop of our neighbors' azaleas. they compliment my new dress nicely, don't they? (thank you, aunt lorna, for my PrETTy dress!)
then we went to grammy & pappy's house for lunch. after lunch, we had another egg hunt. notice -- i am wearing a different outfit in these pictures... i had my first outside-the-house potty-training mishap! i fell asleep in the car & peed on myself! so i had to change clothes. (but mommy just didn't realize that i would fall asleep that quickly!!) but i am still doing SOOO well with the potty-training! i am truly growing UP!