Tuesday, May 15, 2012

a haircut & the rewards...

my day started with an attempted haircut. for a while now, mommy has been thinking that my hair needed to be shaped up a little. so she told me we'd go for a haircut, then go to the zoo as my reward. we have no pictures of the haircut because it was not exactly successful. i should say -- it was not a total failure -- at least the hairdresser did not injure me, mommy or herself with the scissors! i was *pretty* wiggly & upset by the end of the ordeal. perhaps we will try another hairdresser later. (mommy did a little research afterward... hindsight is 20/20.)
so here i am riding the train at our birmingham zoo. the second train picture is me saying "all aboard!" during my haircut, it calmed me down for a minute to practice saying, "1,2,3, all aboard!"
the zoo was very busy today because several school groups were visiting. so we did see the animals, but picture-taking was somewhat difficult. we did come across this real kookaburra! (you know mommy used to sing that kookaburra song to me, but we've never really known what a kookaburra was!) well now we have seen a real one!
then we went to the fountains! my FaVoRiTe!! well, you can just look at the pictures & see that for yourself!